Friday, July 1, 2011

Measurements

Today I got measured. I was nervous- I just finished my 4th week of workouts (so today starts my 5th week). Here are the results:
  • neck: I lost 1/4 inch
  • waist (aka belly): lost 2/5 inches
  • hips (aka bum): lost 1 inch
  • bust: lost 2 inches

so about 4.5 inches total. I should have been elated but I found myself sad that my arms and legs haven't shrunk ONE BIT. My trainer reminded me we all lose differently.

Then as I thought about it I realized how odd it is to be disappointed after finding out you've shrunk. How can I be disappointed at 11.6 lbs lost and 4.5 inches gone? I should be elated. So then I started to get mad at myself for that. Then I got tired of being mad at myself and just figured "if you're not that thrilled then don't focus on it. Just keep going, just keep going..." and I went to celebrate by buying 2 of my favorite things:

1) berries (raspberries to be exact, but I am also insane over strawberries and blueberries).

2) turkey pastrami

I was checking sodium on the lunch meats I bought- because I love lunch meat and I am not much of a cook (so I rely on deli meat a lot) and the sodium was around 350 for a serving.

Then I happened across my favorite thing: Okra Pickles. Did you know that 2 of those has as much sodium as a serving of lunch meat? Okay, I know- who the HECK eats only 2 okra pickles? Not me! I never eat less than 5 because they are ever so tasty and they are okay on 20/20.

But I am learning that sodium does affect me, even if I don't think it should, so I am cutting back. I now allow myself a few pickles on Thursday because that gives me a few days to get it all out of my system before next weigh in and otherwise I try not to have more than one serving. Although I admit, if I have to have a current food vice I suppose pickles are pretty harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment