Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Team

I am not sure I've taken the time to really tell you about my 20/20 Team...
  • First, there is an overall Program Coordinator. She helped coordinate who would be working with me (they put a lot of care into assigning your staff, so you get a good fit) and I could not be more grateful. She's kind of the air traffic controller for your overall program.
  • Next, there is my Dietician, who reminds me of Glinda the Good Witch from the Wizard of Oz. She's adorable and very sweet and gentle but she is so smart and really has helped me tailor my eating plan to what works for me. I see her weekly for weigh in, review of my eating log and to discuss what is working, what isn't and so on.
  • Then of course my Personal Trainer, who I see more than anyone else. I often refer to her as She on the blog here, but I don't think that describes her best. I kind of wanted to call her Tinkerbell, because she's always right there by my side to help me but then I read that Tink was often very jealous and naughty and that certainly isn't She.
  • There's myLifestyles Coach/Counselor who I see every other week and she helps me figure out what could be blocking my progress and how I got chubbed up in the first place. I was wary of the counseling portion of the program but after my very first meeting with her I just knew she was going to be priceless. Last week I could not get myself to log my food, and after we talked we realized that I was looking at food journaling like a miserable task, rather than something that helps me.
  • Then of course my Doctor, who is a delight I won't see him until the 10 week mark, but he's around the 20/20 office all the time and is so kind and friendly.

And then of course there's Skinnybuns and the Guru Eagle, who I report and ask questions of all the time (GuruEagle works at ProClub and knows all kinds of tricks).

Anyhow, I think that every spoke in the wheel of this program is what makes it work.These folks know weight loss and lifestyle changes and how to make them stick. I've said it before and I'll say it again- this program is amazing. It's not easy, but these folks make it doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment