Thursday, July 7, 2011

Weigh to Go

It's Thursday, weigh in day (and Dietitian meeting).
I am down 2.4 pounds this week, for a grand total of 14 pounds. Hooray! I went a little chart crazy today.
First, I did my usual chart, because that shows me where I am compared to the trajectory I would need to reach my goal weight "in time" (meaning, while still in the 20/20 program, before January 11). I like this chart, which is available to make for free at www.fridgegraph.com
Then, I decided to see what percentage of my goal amount I have lost. So I made myself a wee pie chart. Hmmm, not too shabby, I've lost 17% (that's almost 20% which is almost 1/5!). I just finished my first month, so I am technically closer to about 14% of the way done. That's a little ahead of schedule- I like that, since I have a family vacation this summer and a few other "away from home" times where even if I am perfect on my eating I won't be with my trainer, and that makes me nervous.
Also, the realization that sometimes eating out, even if healthy, contains loads o'sodium which really affect my ability to lose. So, being a little ahead is good.
Was I done charting? You have to be kidding, no WAY. Remember, SkinnyBuns challenged me to look at all my behaviors to celebrate more than just the scale. So I ranked myself on how I did in the main areas of the program, I gave myself a percentage.
Here is what I saw- overall really good but COME ON with the bad job on logging/tracking my food. Not. Good.Enough. Interestingly, I had a great conversation with my 20/20 Counselor

about why I may not be logging my food, and I think I had a breakthrough on that. I'll go into that more in another post but rest assured I do not intend to continue neglecting my tracker.
As you can see, I did pretty well with water but failed on 2 days, and that made a pretty big dip. Oh and sleep- some nights I did great, others I sacrificed sleep for reading or sudoku, a bad choice when the body needs sleep to repair muscles and lose weight. I am certainly getting more sleep than I did before 20/20 but there's room for improvement.
So there's the weekly report. I felt pretty good this week- in control and stronger, not quite so bitter about not getting yummy food. I improved my steps for sure, I wasn't under 5,000 even one day. I am still eating a lot of processed/deli meat- I should be cooking more, but one step at a time. Baaabbby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment