Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In which basketballs and rubberbands get me in shape

It is NOT a basketball. It's covered with basketbally material, and it looks like one but inside is something very heavy. Lead? Coal? Who knows, but week 5 has brought me to the realization that the machines are not as hard as crazy exercises using giant balls, basketballs full o'lead, and rubber bands with handles.
Today's workout included wall squat things leaning against a giant ball. standing on a rubber band thingie and walking sideways. Like a chubby crippled crab. Why do these things look so easy when She does them, then when it's my turn they become very clumsy and difficult?
The basketball o' lead was of the most interest to me because
a) I thought of how fun it would be for practical jokes and
b) it weighs 12 pounds, just .6 over what I've lost so far. It was neat to pick that thing up and have to feel how much is gone off my body already. I would have done a happy dance but I was too tired from intervals on the treadmill.
It's funny, because I can't say I love working out. I don't love anything that requires exertion but She has become a tremendously important part of this journey- I see her more than any other team member. Thank goodness I got the best trainer at the whole Pro Club because hers is no easy job.

No comments:

Post a Comment