Friday, July 8, 2011

Pass the IV

"...you think to yourself, "What happened to my twenties?" Your forties, you grow a little pot belly you grow another chin. The music starts to get too loud and one of your old girlfriends from high school becomes a grandmother. Your fifties you have a minor surgery. You'll call it a procedure, but it's a surgery."
- Billy Crystal in City Slickers
How true.
Tomorrow I am having a procedure, and I am nervous. No, not that I will die on the operating table, nor that they'll find something terrible in there, but that I won't lose any pounds this week.
I know, it's not all about the scale but... well, right now it kind of is. I am not so much smaller that I look a lot different, I am not getting compliments about all the weight I've lost- the only thing I have to keep me anchored to this new lifestyle is that the scale creeps down every week. And it keeps me going.
The procedure just requires a few small incisions (the largest about 4 inches- not too small) and my goal is to be back in the gym working out by Monday.
I worked out yesterday on my own, and this morning She blasted me with some intervals and weights (it was a great workout, I was like a noodle afterwards) and I am going to get in one more workout tomorrow morning before surgery. That will mean even if all I can do is lay around until Monday, I'll have 3 workouts in. I am hoping by Friday to at least be able to get my 5,000 steps in but would rather make sure I am healed than go too far too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment