Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Stressed

I can't even think of a funny title for this entry. I am stressed. And usually when I am stressed there are multiple things, right now it's one thing- parenting. I adore my kids (as a parent I must add this disclaimer) but let's face it, even the people we love can make us feel like we want to crawl under the bed with a tub of ice cream and the television set for 4 days.
And teenage kids, well...need I say more? Trying to learn to be independent and yet incapable of remembering the most basic of tasks or directions. Capable of retaining every detail about an outing with their friends that happens once, but draw a blank on which day the garbage man comes every week. For the past 10 years.
Sigh.
Anyhow, my kids aren't stealing the car, or money from my purse, but are still entirely capable of frustrating me. And as my counselor put it "now you feel these emotions more readily, without the sugar to pillow the blows". That is SO true. I would have treated this frustration with a nice dose of marshmallow creme and twizzlers, but now there's just some lean chicken and lettuce between me and my emotions.
Oddly I don't *want* to overeat. I am not wishing I could pig out, but I am wishing I knew what to do. I know I want to escape. I just want to get away from the situation, but I can't. My son's case of the Irresponsible Lazies will only be cured (in my humble opinion) by a little extra work and
I hadn't worked out yet, so went for my workout walk/jog for 45 minutes and I am still stressed. So I went to the barn to see my horse. Still stressed. GAH! Stress affects cortisol which makes it harder to lose weight. That makes me even MORE stressed and furious... Vicious cycle. STOP BEING STRESSED!!
Not much I can do. I am going to try to go to bed as early as I can tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment