Monday, July 18, 2011

60 Minutes

...should be a television show. But it's not. It's the new length of time I have to do aerobic workout now 3 times a week (the other two workouts I am still doing 45 minutes).
Last week I survived my procedure (more on that later) and this week She is out of town, on vacation. I decided to save my trainer visits for end of program and test my ability to do my workouts on my own. Well, work out alone is what I should say because She wrote out every detail and sent it to me. And she increased my aerobic time from 45 to 60 minutes. Sneaky, very sneaky.
My last workout was last Tuesday at 5 am, before surgery. The rest of the week I nursed myself back to health and rested, I was really sore (incisions) from laproscopy and not up to much. I really thought I'd be more active, had visions of even working out on Thurs or Friday but I really hurt. So, I left the house for the first time on Friday, and did lots of non-exercise walking on Saturday (wore my pedometer and logged like 6,500 steps) but otherwise I was pretty much just healing.
So this morning I wrestled myself out of bed and headed to the gym, I did the following to get in my 60 minutes:
  • 20 minutes on recumbant bike (watching educational video)
  • 20 minutes on treadmill- fast walk, incline 3.5
  • 10 minutes on the elliptical thingie
  • 10 minutes on the stair thing I hate (the stair climber with real stair steps)
I didn't do any strength exercises, I was kind of chicken to do them at the club alone, but She provided me with ones I can do at home- which I will when I get home from work. Also, I was soaked with sweat and super exhausted from 60 minutes of aerobic. After my recumbent bike I kept my heart rate around the 145 and up range (it was way up there on the stair stepper, have I mentioned how I hate that thing?).
All in all it felt really great, though, to go to the gym on my own and do the full 60 minutes. My goal was to go to the gym 3 times this week, just like usual (instead of just working out at home the entire time).

No comments:

Post a Comment