Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 3 Weigh In


Here we are, my third weigh in. That's not counting the 1st week, because that was baseline. Anyhow, here I am halfway through the 4th week of my new eating with tomorrow as the start of my 5th week working out.
AND I LOST TWO POUNDS!
I know, you're probably wondering if I am going to blather every week after weigh in and the answer is YES! Getting on that scale is what motivates me. I feel great when I get my workouts in, when I attend my meetings and track my food, but the scale speaks to me.
Okay- so what did I learn this week?
  1. Stress sucks- it messes with your cortisol levels and makes it hard to lose weight. Since I can't throw people off a cliff, nor can I stop them (or life events) from happening, I need to find other ways to deal with stress. One thing I started this week is Sudoku. I am terrible at it, but hope I can improve. It is incredibly distracting which I really like- I am so bad at it that I can't even think about a thing when I am trying to figure a puzzle out.
  2. I can have more eggs. Well, egg whites. I've been trying to make these small omelet things with just 1/4 cup of egg whites but the fact is, that is just one ounce of protein, I can have much more. Wow, how often does that happen- I can have MORE?
  3. I love Greek Yogurt, which I used to think was gross. But now I eat it with some blueberries and it is so yummy.

My current top secret goal is to be down 15 pounds total by July 14th weigh in. That's 3.8 lbs I would need to lose in 2 weeks. 15 pounds is a magic number because that seems to be when other people can notice, clothes become noticeably smaller (maybe even able to drop down a size in an item or two). And it's SO close to 20. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment