Thursday, June 16, 2011

First Weigh In

I just walked out of my first weigh in. I removed 8.8 pounds. I am not using the word lost because EG (the Eagle Guru) reminded me that something lost can be found (eek!).
Oh gee, I haven't told you who he is, have I? He's SkinnyBuns trainer and was once a chub but turned it around, which gives him
a) empathy for those of us making the journey and
b) the "been there done that" to be a complete Guru about weight loss, nutrition and fitness.
I think even the Lord of the Diet might be a tiny bit afraid of EG. I added the word Eagle to the Guru because this guy sees everything- he has such a broad vision when it comes to what is going on in the ProClub Universe which gives him lots of good examples. And he swoops in to help out whenever he sees someone in distress. One of us 20/20 bears.
Why bears? I've said that I have felt a lot like a chubby old bear this first 10 days. Just woke up from the Hibernation of the Unhealthy and now I spend my days rummaging for berries and lean proteins (hikers).
But I digress.
The first 5-6 days sucked. I'm not going to mince words. I was hungry, crabby, hungry and had headaches. But guess what- after reviewing my food tracker (we use an online tool) we saw that my carb levels were pretty low. I was doing well on protein, but could use some more carbs midday. So for this next week we've increased my berries. Also I am going to make sure to do my berries with my shake every time I can, or eat them separate, so I get those healthy carbs.
I think I got some real wind in my sails once I made it through a weekend successfully and was close to my weigh in.
As for veggies, they're BACK. I get veggies now! Not starchy ones but there are a lot I can have. From lettuce to artichokes (love them!) to spaghetti squash, tomatoes, carrots, celery. I can hardly wait. Did I really just say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment