Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fat and Finance

The first BIG meeting of the program is fitness assessment and mine was today.
I knew it was really more of a fatness assessment. Before pics, a fitness test, and paperwork (and payment) all take place here. You also get a pedometer (more on that later) and a water bottle (my nemesis). I was super nervous about this appointment, and told Offspring 1 the night before.
He couldn't understand why. I suppose if I was a teenager with 1% body fat and unlimited energy I'd be thrilled to have someone test me and take my photo. I reminded him that this these aren't such fun activities for someone in the BEFORE phase.
His response was that even if the numbers are bad, I need to know where I am starting. Then he said "You can always look back at this time as the apex of your physical decline."
Precisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment