Thursday, June 2, 2011

Two new friends

At my first meeting (fat and finance) I was given two mighty weapons for my war against the waistline:
1) a squeezy water bottle
2) a pedometer
the squeezy, as I call it, is kind of like one you'd use on a bicycle. But it doesn't smell plasticy like the ones on my bike do. So I kind of like it, as water bottles go. I love buying water bottles, I just hate using them. I am not a fan of water that is not full of sugar and flavor. The most healthy "water" I can talk myself into is "Propel" which won't be an option anymore once Monday rolls around and I meet with my dietician and start my eating plan (which will now be referred to as the EP).
the pedometer is nice- it connects to my computer and downloads the data for me, so I just plug it in every few days and whoosh- my trainer and nutritionist and doctor can view how much (or little) I've been moving. It's brand is OMRON which sounds a lot like an annoying little robot. Hmmm.
So the goal is 5,000 steps a day. Those steps do NOT include my workouts. Yesterday I mustered up 2,685 steps total. None of them were aerobic and you can see by my chart that there were a few hours where I didn't take even one step.
My goal for today (via email with my trainer, who I meet tomorrow) is to add 500 steps. That sounds reasonable, so I'll try that.
One lame thing about pedometers is that they feel weird when you first wear them with fat lady elastic waisted pants (my 2nd fave) or pajama pant (my very fave) but what are my options? I thought about it, and came up with two:
1) I hide the pedometer in my hair, like a bump it or other hair-volume accessory.
2) I tuck it into my bra safe and sound and unseen.
I was kidding about both of these until a my good friend SkinnyBuns challenged me that it would not read accurately while riding in my bra. So I tested it. And it worked.
PS I did not even manage to drink one full bottle of water. I got about 2/3 down.

No comments:

Post a Comment