Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm Still Standing

Wow, what a weekend. Friday morning I had a great (and tough) workout and I felt really good. After work I went to Costco for some stuff (love, love, love their ready to eat celery sticks and the cheery tomatoes) but didn't get anything cooked. So Saturday rolls around and I'm hungry and my brain is thinking "Weekend!!" and wants to eat some tasty-but-bad things. I am down to lunch meat for my proteins (at home) and I am getting sick of it.
I lasted through the day, right up until evening (my traditional pig out time) at which time I really overdid it with my nemesis, Peanut Butter. Curse your tasty goodness, PB.
But I admit this pig out was different than usual.
  1. I was pigging out on something ON my eating plan list, I didn't even slink over to regular sugary peanut butter for the binge.
  2. I pigged out using (don't laugh) a measuring spoon. So I could document it properly for my dietitian.
That doesn't mean I ate a manageable amount, this wasn't "oops I ate 2 extra tablespoons" this was more of a "MOMMMA HUNGRY!"moment in which I ate spoon after spoon until I'd eaten 8 teaspoons over the one reasonable one I could have had.
So why now, why did I make it to the second weekend (after a great weigh in on Thursday) and then lose it. I present for your consideration
  1. Lack of planning and cooking ahead (see above)
  2. Pity party -I wallowed in the knowledge that my pig out weekends are over. I seem to have forgotten the years I've been pigging out all weekend. Overeating becomes like a vacation for me- no matter how much I get to do it, I want more. But I have been thinking- this doesn't mean I don't get to enjoy tasty food, maybe I need to put some effort into learning to make good for me tasty stuff.

So there you have it, my peanut butter crisis tried to knock me off my feet but I got it back together on Sunday and eat on plan, which I am proud of. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment