Thursday, June 16, 2011

Second Weigh In, New Chart

Weigh in was this morning, I only lost .8 this week. That's a total of 9.6 pounds total, which is great, but I am disappointed I didn't do better this week.

What went wrong?

  • Peanut Butter- My dietitian has forced the breakup of me and Peanut Butter. As in, "how about you take the PB out of the house" and I couldn't agree more. I can't be trusted with Peanut Butter, it's too close to a comfort food.
  • Sad-urday- I had a depressed day on Saturday. I woke up with visions of my favorite crappy weekend foods in my head and then remembered that's not who I am anymore. Then I had a few personal things to deal with that weren't my favorite and my BBQ broke, and I was spiraling into a very dark place. Diet-wise, it started with me not counting what I ate all day and ended with me and the jar of peanut butter and a measuring spoon. Yes, I measured my binge (I guess that's progress).
  • Slumday- what the heck? I got in 1,300 steps on Sunday and did nothing to try to make it better. My goal per day is 5,000 (not including workouts 5 days a week) but I just sat there like a lump. Peanut butter hangover? Who knows. I got up, went to church, and did a few things so by the time I was home around 1pm I must have become mentally paralyzed and not moved the rest of the day.


Overall I made a few mistakes but they added up pretty quickly and resulted in a weigh in I was less than proud of. My dietitian (whom I have not nicknamed yet) reminded me I've made it to every appointment and workout and have really made progress- that the number on the scale isn't the only thing to look at. And she's right.

So I made myself a chart (actual numbers blurred to protect my ego, but know I am looking at about 69 lbs total weight loss as my goal):

The chart made me feel kinda good until SkinnyBuns reminded me that my chart doesn't have any space for working out, tracking my food, etc.

It basically displays only the weight, which some weeks will be good but let's face it, there may be weeks where I stay the same or even gain and it would be easy to forget that I got my workouts in, or that I am making progress on the overall journey- it's about more than a scale. So I am working on a new format for coming weeks.

Skinnybuns is the perfect advice giver because she reached her goal weight this week. I couldn't be prouder of her- it really shows not only in her size but her look- her skin, face, and overall countenance is so much healthier. She's the perfect reminder that many things make a GOOD (or BAD) week.

No comments:

Post a Comment