Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday, Monday

Wow, I got My.Butt.KICKED in my workout this morning. I love my trainer, she’s like one of those cute colorful frogs who is really sweet UNTIL SHE KILLS YOU WITH HER POISONOUS WORKOUT DARTS.

Seriously, first of all I was on the 20/20 video bikes dutifully watching my educational 20/20 video when SkinnyBuns walked by and I was like “hey, that’s SB” but I couldn't stop my video. I am certain that if I ever fudged on the videos then the Lord of the Diet (aka Dr. Mark Dedomenico, now known as LD, the Doctor who created 20/20) would come walking out of a hidden panel in the wall with a very disappointed look on his face. So there I sat, watching my friend strut by with sweaty hair and a wee backside and I couldn't capture her attention without risking her life by throwing my 20/20 waterbottle at her head. So on I pedaled.

This weekend I did not touch even one thing not on my diet, nor did I overeat. I can safely say (after consulting with my hubby) that it’s been over 6 year since I survived a weekend without the boys (Ben, Jerry, and their lovechild RedVines). That said, it was hard as heck. Seriously, no way around it- one does not go from living like the Hungry Hungry Caterpillar for several years and just quit cold turkey. At least not easily.

I did not do well on my steps Sat or Sun, and today’s video was on moving when you’re not exercising (ie, my steps) so I am most certain that LD saw it in his crystal ball. The videos are good, I actually like them and I learned that exercising is great but if you don't move your big ole buns the rest of the day you are more likely to gain back. Dang, that made me regret not getting in the full 5,000 steps each of those days.
But you know what? I am learning. So many times I've started diets and done perfect at first only to fall (plunge myself?) off the wagon and never go back, gain back all I lost and then some. I'd rather take it slow and learn these behaviors and have them stick.

So my Monday workout has me feeling like a noodle (a happy one, but noodle nonetheless) and I also went and picked up a checkbook style book from the 20/20 office so I can write what I bite. Because tracking online without a Win7Phone App is not going well. I can get to it once a day but I need to write throughout the day. My bet is that the Win7 App won’t come to life until a year from now, so I am trying to adapt to the tools I’ll have.

No comments:

Post a Comment