Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Soup's On

Today I made Pumpkin Soup. Who me? Yep, me. And I daresay it turned out deeeee-lightful. Huge thanks to Woodstock, who gave me the recipe. (I am bringing her a cup of it to the gym tomorrow).
Okay, so here's the recipe:

In a soup pan, saute (in 1 tb canola oil)
1 medium onion
2 tsp chopped garlic
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green or red pepper, diced

then add in 1 lb of ground chicken or turkey
and cook until browned.

now throw in
1 can of pumpkin
1 can of low/no- sodium tomatoes (or a couple medium size chopped tomatoes)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)

Cook on medium for 20 minutes

Serve with nonfat sour cream or nonfat green yogurt and some low or nonfat shredded cheese. Superb!

I need to use a calorie counter to get the specifics, from my estimation it's about 325 calories per serving (which is a good size cup). I'll edit this post with the nutritional info when I get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment