Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No Parking


On the days I don't have training sessions with Woodstock (Tues and Thurs) I like to do long fast walks or walk/jogs. In summer, I did these at home around my neighborhood and I love those walks. But now its crummy cold wet Seattle fall, and my wonderful walking route is a dark and dreary cement drudge in the dark by 5 pm.
Now I have never shown signs of melting potential, so I know that I am capable of going in the rain, but sometimes these walks take place on my lunch break at work. I do not like to return to work all rained on and looking like something the cat dragged in.
So today I had this conversation with myself
"Hey, what about the parking garage?"
"Ew. the parking garage is very ugly and cold. And dreadfully boring. I won't walk there."
"Fine, go walking in the dark rain alone when you get home from work, you'll probably slip into a ditch and get stuck and drown. If a car doesn't hit you and leave you for dead."
And that was how Garage Walks were born.
Our Parking garage connects 3 buildings, and even has some ramps. I was right, it is pretty boring out there but I didn't have my Zune so I was kind of prepared for some quiet walking time. But hey, I survived and I found a new place to exercise where I don't get my head wet. No more parking!

No comments:

Post a Comment