Wednesday, November 16, 2011

20 Week Check In

Right now I am working on my 20 week check in. I got blood drawn for lab work, measurements done, and another Dexa Scan (the last one was at my intake).

My starting body fat was 41.8% (gross!)
Current body fat is 27.4%
I've reduced my body fat by 14.4 % in 20 weeks

My BMI is 25.4 today (it was 31.8, it has come down 6.4)

I've lost 42 pounds total
I've gained 5 lbs of muscle

I used to have 85 lbs of fat on my body, now I have 46 lbs of fat on my body.

So what now....

I still want to lose about 28 pounds, and further reduce my body fat (I have my goal number somewhere, I need to find that). Right now my goal is to get to a flat 25 BMI by next Friday (day after Thanksgiving). That's about 4 pounds away, not sure I can make it but I'll try like heck!

Needless to say, I am proud of my progress. There are times I wish I was losing the pounds faster, but seeing these numbers help me remember that it's about the overall picture.
I can't wait to see my blood work results because I was just 1 point from pre-diabetes when I started the program and that was frightening as I have a family history (on Mom's side) of diabetes. Did I just say that I am excited about bloodwork results? My hubby is right, I am turning into a HealthBot!!! The Lord of the Diet would be so proud!

1 comment:

  1. I am really proud of you!!! I am so excited you've given me the courage to do this too! I've got all my paperwork ready and am prepared to give it my all come January. Hugs! Emily H.

    ReplyDelete