Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mrs Dash

When I was younger, I used to HATE Mrs Dash. After all, what kind of seasoning has no SALT in it? I love salt, I confess. It is the most beautiful, tasty, crystal in the world. Diamonds? Meh, give me salt.

But alas, life has a way of sneaking up on us and one day we're young and thin and making fun of Mrs Dash and the next we're blogging about how wonderful she is and the taking pictures of our collection of her flavors for our blog. And sprinkling her liberally on everything we cook and eat.

It just makes good sense, because when I eat salty goodness my blood pressure goes up and I don't have good of weight loss. That's no fun.

Some days when I have salt binged I go in for my workout and my BP is so bad I can almost hear the alarms ringing up in the Lord of the Diet's office. I can see him shaking his head, disappointed in my lapse of judgement. But I can't just eat stuff with pepper on it, enter Mrs Dash.

Yep, I'm a convert.

Now I love Mrs Dash. Not the original flavor (baby steps here, people) but I love the Caribbean citrus, the lemon pepper and the fiesta lime. I have the tomato basil, but don't LOVE it. I want to try the extra spicy but haven't seen it in a store.

To my delight, Mrs Dash can be found at Fred Meyer, Safeway, QFC and most every other store. Now if she'd just come out with a sprinkle that tastes like marshmallow creme.

So go check her out- good ole Mrs Dash, she's not the fuddy duddy she once was...

No comments:

Post a Comment