Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Farewell, Green Sweatshirt

I'm shrinking. I always thought I'd be so happy to get rid of my fat, ugly clothes as I lost weight. And I am. But I am not so pleased about getting rid of some of my favorite items. Can't they just shrink along with me?

This week I said goodbye to a few of my fat favorites. I dedicate this blog entry to them:
1) Lime green Nike sweatsuit: sure, I looked like a pregnant grasshopper in you but your cheery lime color made me smile
2) Green Old Navy Sweatshirt: not too hot, not too cold, I got my wear out of you dear friend. You always did feel better than you looked- any time I saw a photo where I was wearing you I felt like the camera added 50 pounds (then I remember that I added 70 pounds!)
3) Supercute Blazer: you were a go-to piece. You covered me up, kept me warm and made me look cute. Fanny coverage in red, orange and yellow- adorable. Always got compliments. I felt good donating you, because I know someone else will love you as much as I did.
4) Miscellaneous sweatpants: ahhhh, cotton sweats. I spent far too many hours in you. My poor dear husband faced countless dates where I'd appear ready to go wearing you.
5) Fuzzy pinkish vest with fleecy inside- you are delightful inside out or outside in. I am sure some lucky gal is going to snatch you right off the rack.
6) Wrangler Q Baby Jeans- I ride horses, so these are amazing for that (no back gap) but I'd wear these for everyday, too. I am going to miss your comfy waistband and cute pockets
and I could go on. But the thing is, I am kinda glad that I had so say goodbye to these things, because it means saying hello to smaller items and I'm making friends with some new favorites. I just hope whoever gets them shrinks out of them as well someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment