Friday, September 16, 2011

Weighing on my mind...

It was weigh in day, and it was frustrating.
My home scale usually is exactly the same as the Master Scale (that's what I call the weigh in scale in the 20/20 office). But today, my home scale said I was down about 2 pounds but the MS said I was down just one pound.
So after my workout I weighed myself in the locker room (I had been sweating, but also drinking water, weighed self with no clothes). 2 different locker room scales said 2 lbs down. grrrrrr
So I ran back upstairs and weighed myself again on the MS and it said I was down 2. For the sake of my chart, I am going with the one pound down.
So, should the scale weigh so heavy on my mind? (pun intended). Yes and No.
The other day someone at Pro Club said to me that the scale has no feelings, it's just metal. But you know, it's a pretty good gauge of where you are. I realize that my concerns over one little pound are not worth fretting over, but ultimately the scale is what I watch. If it goes down, so does my size. If the scale is getting lower, I am nearing my goal. Simple as that. I think the Lord of the Diet would agree.
That said, my challenges this past couple weeks have me a wee bit behind my trajectory (see graph), but I am not worried because I am back on track after this major breakthrough week. I kinda can't wait to weigh in next week. (wow, did I just say that?)
So yes because ultimately if you're losing pounds you're getting closer to your goal. And no because I feel better, look better and most important I am losing pounds of bad habits all the time. And that feels a LOT lighter :)

No comments:

Post a Comment