Monday, September 26, 2011

Flat Tire

"When you get a flat tire, you don't get out and slash the other three tires, do you? NOOOO! You change the tire, then go on your way!" - Jillian Michaels

It was odd that I found that quote in a magazine last night, because after Friday's awesome weigh in, I had a bit of a glitch this weekend. And I was laying in bed pondering my bad choices this weekend.

I had to work Saturday night and the folks hosting the work party ordered pizza. And Caesar salad. And candy. Candy, candy everywhere. And I was running late (I got there on time, but without the spare time I normally have to prepare for this sort of outing) so I had a limited amount of "Clean Food". And I ran out, about an hour in.

Had I planned, there would have been a big old bag of baby carrots with me, and I'd have at least exhausted my jaw and distracted me. But I didn't, and as the hours crept on I found myself at the vending machine. I bought a 20/20 bar (so glad they had those) and two of those tube packages of almonds. And two small things of jerky.

Now sure, I didn't eat pizza or the Caesar salad but COME ON. I ate way too many calories and ever so much sodium. We worked until 2:30 in the morning. Needless to say when I got up at 8 am for church on Sunday I had the most disgusting salt and food hangover ever. The scale at home was up several pounds and I felt horrible. All day long. After church I napped, then went to bed early. It was like having the flu- it was like... it was like I felt a lot of the time before I started this program. And I hated it.

Sunday I was so lethargic I didn't get enough water, and needless to say I was exhausted today. But you know what? I stayed within my calories, and did my workout and drank like a fish.

I'm not happy I had a lapse this weekend, but I am happy that instead of slashing my tires all week long I repaired the flat and I am back on the road. I'll probably pay for it at this week's weigh in, but it has been a good lesson. I don't plan to make the mistake of showing up without 'my food' ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment