Friday, September 30, 2011

Tick tock....

Eeek! There is conversation churning around my team about Phase 2 coming. Can I repeat EEEK!?
Can't I just stay in this program forever? I feel that like old guy in jail who gets in trouble to stay in jail, except there is no "Fail and Stay" option here. Phase 2 starts for me in early November (either the 4th or 11th, I can't remember right now).
So, why? Why on earth would anyone chubby and lazy want to stay in a program that requires so much? It takes time and energy and commitment and cheating is really tough because ultimately you only cheat yourself (lame- why can't I eat some cookies and just have my dietitian gain a pound? Kidding, Kathryn!).
Because I am not chubby and lazy anymore. I am a person on her way to thin and healthy, over halfway there. I am someone who gets out of bed for early workouts, and remembers what it feels like to test my own body. To say "I'll try" instead of "I can't". I like being that someone.
So I've been doing a lot of thinking about how life will be when I am done with the 20/20 program, when I am an Alumni (mid January). So far, this is what I know:
1) I want to keep going to ProClub to work out, twice a week. I love my morning routine and I think I can keep it up better if I go to the place I know. Plus the Pro Club is so gorgeous. Seriously, I was super intimidated and scared when I first went but the truth is the shower area with the fancy fountain thingie has become my sanctuary. I spend 5-10 minutes there after every workout, just cooling off and reading a magazine.
2) I will continue to use the BeWell site for tracking food and activity. Now that I am a consistent tracker, I really like the accountability.
3) My insurance covers 4 dietitian visits a year, so I can continue to see Kathryn on a quarterly basis.
4) The resource office for 20/20 (which is conveniently located right by the fitness center) has a scale where you can weigh in. I think I'll weigh in weekly. (Oh and when you weigh in as an Alumni I think they have some sort of drawing where you can win prizes. I am so motivated by prizes!)
5) Events- I am going to try to find an event every month to do- some will be 5k or runs, others might be a horse show or something else that is important to me- but every month should contain an event to remind me how important my health and fitness (looking and feeling good) are.
6) Training. I haven't figured this one out yet. I can't imagine life without "She" (Erin, my trainer). I can't afford a trainer every week but I am already working on figuring out if I could even monthly sessions.
That's all I have figured out for now. I had a weigh in today, lost 2 pounds this week (down 37 total now) and I just can't stop thinking about how lucky I am to be doing 20/20, and how I want to feel this healthy forever. And I'm still 32 pounds from my goal!!!!
I am truly enjoying every moment of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment