Friday, September 23, 2011

Be Well

A few weeks ago we got new software for 20/20. A new program called Be Well, to use for tracking our calories, exercise, etc. It is pretty good- overall I like it now that I am on my 3rd week using it (I was previously journaling on a written journal, now I am doing it on the computer).
It will be coming to Windows Phone soon (taps fingers on desk impatiently) and I can hardly wait- tracking on the go with my phone is going to be priceless.
But I wanted to share something cool
that Be Well does. Remember how I once said that I wanted to be able to see more than just weight, I wanted to track everything- like an overall view of how I am doing- calories, weight, steps, etc. And almost as if he could hear me thinking, the Lord of the Diet made it happen.
I love it- now I can see little green target-y circles that tell me I am on track, warning yellow triangles (watch out!) and red arrows (hey, don't eat so much! Or you didn't sleep enough!)
The only thing I don't like is that my weekly weigh ins with my dietitian don't show up, then when I enter my own weight I get a weird red "warning" when I think I deserve a big old green target (for losing).
So here I am sharing screen shots from the two full weeks I've used it. It's not perfect but I love the way it shows a balance, how all the different parts of this program matter- sleep, steps, cardio, eating, and water. Another tool in my toolbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment