Friday, September 23, 2011

Ladders and jumpropes and discs, oh MY!

Have I said yet this week how brilliant She is? This morning I arrived for my workout, and rather than heading to a machine, She headed to a closet and got out some items:
  1. a fire ladder
  2. a jumprope
  3. a weightlifting disc
and some towels.
I obediently followed her to the gym. The one where behind a large fabric sort of wall there were people playing basketball. It looked like a high school gym and I daresay the most I've done in a gymnasium in several years is attend very scary Orchestra concerts when my son was sure he needed to play violin.
The fire ladder wasn't really for fires. It was made to run through and there were SOOO many ways to do it. Hopping, dancing steps, all sorts of ways to navigate those little boxes and then I'd jog back to the start. Then I had to jump rope in 30 second intervals. Then back to the ladder. Then over to a bench to step up. Then lunges. Now lift up the weight over your head and back down one million times. Now back to the ladder. It was a very different but fun way to get my cardio in.
I learned two things:
  1. Stuff that looks like it came out of some one's Goodwill donation box can make you sweat if the right person is directing you
  2. Exercise can be kind of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment