Monday, January 28, 2013

Comfort Sandals (aka, am I getting old)

There was a day and a time when I really put some effort into my looks. These days you could pretty much chart the effort I put into myself and it would go up as my weight goes down. Confession- the other day I had to wear some open toed shoes to work and I only bothered to paint the toes you could see. Seriously, how lazy can you get?

That is SO dumb, I deserve to feel good about myself no matter my size. Anyhow, long ago I was skinny and looking cute was easier plus I put more work into it.

Today, I am wearing sandals with Velcro. In fact it was just a few years ago when I was heckling a good friend who was pregnant and wearing flesh-colored (okay, they were cream) sandals, her puffed feet velcroed in like two chubby little whales hanging from those slings when they are transported. Fortunately she had a great sense of humor (and lost her baby weight in 10 minutes) so she was amused as well.

Today, I am on a travel trip wearing sandals with Velcro. Ecco brand, I like to say I think they're cute. I am not sure, but I don't care. That's right, I said it. I got blue, thinking I could dodge the cream and black options and I think they're cute.

 
 and I am going to give them a try because I am sick of my feet hurting and who knows, maybe a compromise would help me get in more steps.
 
UPDATE: later that same day-  I just put almost 5,000 steps on these beauties and my feet feel like they've been in workout tennis shoes. I went to the Zoo in them and this bird loved them so much he followed me.
 
Here, I took a pic (yeah, the ground was that rough by the Gibbon cages):
 
 
here's a pic of his face, he seems to be saying:
"quit worrying about foot fashion and get those steps in, lady!"
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment