Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A daily jolt of goodness

Oh Skinnybuns, you are like a fairy godmother (with a much better figure) who pops in with good things to share. Out of the way, Martha Stewart, Skinnybuns knows the REAL good things.

Today she shared this with me: http://www.tut.com/inspiration/

where you can get a short daily note of inspiration AND they customize. So your name (or whatever you wish to be called) goes in and even, on occasion, your specific goals.

GOALS? I immediately thought SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY SKINNY

then I said STOP. Skinnybuns NEVER says just to shoot for skinny because skinny isn't always healthy (a lot of people get skinny just before they die, as I recall). So I thought hard about what I want to have for my body and for my life. 

I'm pretty happy- my house isn't fancy but it works, there is a lot of goodness there. But I do have kinda crummy cars. Not horrific, they run and they're paid for but my Honda Civic is an '04 and it's so loud inside I can't do conference calls without being accused of being in a convertible. My Suburban is 14 and she's showing her age- she drives like an old truck and is ready to retire.

I can live with them but boy would a newer (or even slightly better) car or truck be awesome. So that's my material object.

and my body- I came up with some descriptors for that as well that go beyond thin. I tried to think of how I felt at my healthiest...



 
anyhow, I am pretty excited about these new messages. I'm sure I'll share a few amusing ones here as they roll in every day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment