Sunday, January 27, 2013

Airport Security - stop that hair!

I am in the Philippines right now, I just arrived. I'll be here all week for work.

Airports are like opportunities, something weird always happens. Last trip (to Panama) for work I was waiting at the gate for an hour with a guy doing pushups and sit ups on the stained disgusting carpet. I thought he was a little overboard, and the exercise gods punished me by making me lose my fitbit in the airport. By the way, if you ever lose a fitbit in the Panama Airport you will never see it again, so don't even bother to call. Someone will assume it's a giant paperclip and use it as such or throw it out I assume.

Back to this trip- I am going through security with my standard "hair piled on head into a giant messy bun okay maybe I ratted it up/teased it a little so sue me" and I got stopped by security. SO THEY COULD INSPECT MY HAIR. And they did.

These days with the many variations of getting searched at the airport I suppose I am lucky, but honestly I'd rather have a bra check than have them destroy my 'do before I head onto 16 hours of flights.

I told Woodstock I'd get in 10,000 steps a day, and I got in almost 6,000 before my flight left- then it changed days. DOH! Anyhow, I'll synch my fitbit to my machine and post toward the end of the trip so we can see how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment