Friday, February 22, 2013

You're Fired!

I have to fire someone. She's been working for me, but here are a few of her issues:
  • She doesn't do what she promises
  • She's super full of excuses
  • She gets mad when she doesn't get promoted/see improvement (even though she's not doing the work)
  • She's inaccurate with her counting and numbers
and she's me.
 
I'd never treat my paid job or my job as wife, mom, horse mom, pet mom, or otherwise this badly- why am I doing this for the most important job I have?  I am the only one who can do the job of taking care of my health, getting back to goal weight and getting in shape. And I've not been a great employee. But I can't fire myself so it's time to plan for improvement.
 
I got a great tip from a work friend who I shall call Little Momma because she's having like her 3rd kid and she's one of those pregnant gals who has a fit cute figure with a baby belly on it. Seriously, if I had to be pregnant I'd want to be her. But she is very disciplined, so I am utilizing her brilliant ideas.
 
Here's one- she has a reminder pop up every day early in the morning on her Outlook calendar. It's called GOALS and has a list of things she wants to do (exercise, etc) and things to remember. I set one up for myself- I'll share it here.
 
Hopefully this is a start to getting back on track and being a good employee to myself :)

 
You want one too? just click here for instructions on setting a recurring appointment in Outlook. (I did set mine to "private" by clicking the tiny lock symbol, just so everyone at work won't see my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment