Thursday, June 14, 2012

"Welcome Home!"

That's what SkinnyBuns said to me from her stairclimber this morning. How fitting, because going back to the Pro Club after time off for injury (then more time off for bad decisions).

It was like homecoming- I saw SkinnyBuns working out, and the Eagle Guru glided past and said hello, I almost jumped off my stairclimber!

And of course, there was Woodstock. Is there anything better than exiting the locker room and seeing Woodstock there, ready to work out? Nope.

I had been really nervous- here she had put so much work into re crafting me, would she be mad that I had regained some weight and lost some of my diligence in working out? I had asked via email the day before and got a resounding NO, so I felt better.

She was regular Woodstock, and we went right to work- elliptical, stairclimber, then weights and a weigh in (I get points for that for the Alumni Challenge). Then I watched the Lapse/Relapse video, a really good one from the 20/20 educational videos.

Good things about the workout:
  1. Seeing 3 of my favorite folks
  2. I was able to do most exercises on the same weight as last workout, so I haven't lost as much strength as I feared (I even planked for a full 60 seconds)
  3. My cardio wasn't bad either
I can do this, I am not that far off, I can get back to where I like to be.
What a great start to the day. Woodstock and I are on for next week on Monday and Wednesday, I have a couple gift certificates that are allowing me to buy some trainer sessions- HOORAY!





1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I like your blog - welcome back! I'm in 20/20 - currently on week 8 or 9 (not completely sure because I had a week there where my trainer was out and I worked out without her, so I think I'm on week 8 with her and 9 with the dietician or something like that) and it's been amazing - it's so good to hear from someone else in the program! Keep it up, it will SO be worth it (and you know this!) :-)

    ReplyDelete