Tuesday, June 12, 2012

One day down, 43 years to go...

If I only live to be 85.

Seriously, though, it's amazing how hard it is to get that first day going. Woodstock always says if you can hang in there for 3 days exercising and eating right you get past the grouchies and a couple pounds usually drops off (even if it is salty water) and you feel BETTER.

But it's not about a few days, or finishing a program. It's forever.

Now of course there will be days that aren't good but I think the goal is to stick with it every day during the losing phase then to make the days when you slip the exception, not the rule.

Hmmm, that is NOT the easy answer.

So I am taking this one day at a time- no, one DECISION at a time.
  • It's morning, will I skip breakfast (a bad habit of mine)
  • Should I drink some water (SkinnyBuns is such a good reminder on this)
  • It's time to eat, what do I choose
  • Have I worked out today
  • How can I get more steps?
  • Have I been sitting for hours at work without getting up?
  • I'm upset, do I eat my feelings? (if yes can I eat them in the form of a baby carrot instead of a Twinkie?)
  • How can I help others on their journey (it's surprising how this blog and my weight- losing friends pull me along and inspire me)
So here I am on day two of the next 43 years (or more!) of living in a way that makes me feel good. Come along, it's going to be worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment