Friday, December 9, 2011

Curse of the Cliff Bars

I actually had to take them to the outside trash and throw them out. Those cursed Cliff Bars haunted me the night before weigh in last week. I ate 5. I know, and I just got done telling you all how I was so over the bar addiction. GAH!
5 CLIFF BARS!!
Do not make me calculate the sodium, sugar, etc in those things. I felt so disgusted that I threw them out. Never mind the cost of a case of Cliff Bars (which had been residing in a closet, untouched except when we go hiking, etc).
Needless to say I showed up at weigh in today still feeling like I had a food baby. (Urban Dictionary defines a food baby as: "when you eat so much, that your stomach looks pregnant", and notes that " generally cause discomfort and possible gas or embarrassment" and also states that these generally happen "after committing gluttony").
Committing? It sounds so sinful.
It was.
Honestly, poor sweet Woodstock. I staggered in for my weigh in and told her of my crime- Cliff Bar overdose. (I should note that Skinny Buns and I have since declared that Cliff Bars do not taste - or look- even halfway decent so clearly gorging on them was motivated by emotions, not taste. You can say that again).
Determined to have a good workout, I came up with some new terms which could prove useful for anyone else out there prone to bar abuse:
  • Clifftuplets- not just a food baby, but a food baby caused by eating 5 Cliff Bars
  • Cliff Notes- when you blog about overindulgence in Cliff Bars
  • Cliff Hanger- the feeling at weigh in when you would rather hang than see what Cliff has done to your weight.
  • Cliff Diving- the moments before you make the big Cliff mistake by opening the first wrapper

And so with a bit of humor and a lot of abdominal cramping, I survived a good strong workout.

All joking aside it really sucked to have to go to weigh in. I elected not to look at the scale, so I did a blind weigh in. But you know what- I have a home scale, and I know how I feel and let me say that I've set myself up for a long week of 'clean up' (that's what I call having to eat extra careful and perfect, on the low end of my calorie range, just to make up for a few dumb choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment