Thursday, April 11, 2013

If it walks like a duck...

A friend shared this video with me, and it got me thinking.

  1. Boo on whoever neglected these ducks.
  2. What the heck, why are they so hesitant to get in the water. It's GOOD for them, it makes and keeps them healthy. They need it.
Why wouldn't a creature do something that is naturally good for them and that they'll enjoy more and more as time goes on.

Every vet will tell a duck "duck, get in the water, you'll be SO glad you did. Don't stay in that tiny pen and eat crummy food- go to the water, move your legs, hunt for duckweed and vegetation hat will fuel your ducky body to have energy and feel better.

The ducks get herded toward the water by well meaning friends.

But some have to get put in the water. Set in, gently tossed. Some run back out, others begin to adjust to this new activity more quickly than others but those who stay in are glad they did.

Exercise is my water. I do my best when someone gently sets me in (which makes me think of Woodstock) but I can get in on my own as well. This past 2 weeks I've walked 4 times a week and I'm proud of that. But like the ducks, if I don't test the waters and enjoy what they offer me, I neglect myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment